April 27, 2008

One Down, Two More to Go!

Last Tuesday night, April 22nd, our hearing was held in Taiwan as we slept. It would have been the 23rd their time. Crazy how that time change effects us. We haven't heard a thing about the hearing and realistically we won't for another 4-6 weeks. Our new case manager is very good at getting information to us immediately and I know she'll keep us informed. Now, that doesn't stop me from wanting to call her to see if she has heard anything. Like many steps in the adoption process, this is another waiting game. Obviously, I'll post anything here as soon I can.

While we wait, we have been enjoying our day to day life. We've had a streak of great weather and it's given us all a taste of spring/summer. I am finally getting that end of the year school feeling and I'm very excited about summer break. Lily has been enjoying playing outside on a regular basis esp. with her neighborhood pals. We've noticed that Lily likes to direct the group of little friends, who all happen to be boys. Oddly enough, they all follow her willingingly and she refers to them as "my boys." I'll often hear her playing with her pals and she'll call out "Look Mom, These are my boys!" I wonder what this bodes for her future role of big sister. I fear Andrew may have a big sister who expects him to become one of "her boys."

On another note, I've done some scrapping with the latest pictures from Taiwan. While they aren't new images, we enjoy them because they get rid of the strange blanket combination in all the photos. Not that I'm complaining about the photos we get from Taiwan. We are gratefull that we get them so regularily. I'm just happy that I can use a littel bit of my scraping skills and make them look more like home pictures vs. orphanage shots. Enjoy!


No comments: