Many parents who adopt internationally call the whole process a wild roller coaster ride with significant highs and lows. Well folks, we've been experiencing major ups and downs the past 10 days. As you all know, we've been trying to work on two problems (one major snag in both countries). Honestly, it's been draining. I told Bill the other day that it reminded me of a Saturday Night Live skit with Sally Fields. She was spoofing all the Lifetime movies she had been in. In the scene, no matter what the other cast members said, Sally would wail "My baby, my baby! Give me my baby!" I teased Bill that as we waded through all this beauracracy, I just wanted to say "My baby, my baby! Give me my baby!" Can you imagine if we did that when we were talking to the National Visa Center?
Well, last night we had bad news and it was looking like we were going to have to postpone getting Andrew. I was particularily fearfull that we'd have difficulty getting another consulate, AIT, appointment in July. It weighed heavily on all of us.
Tomorrow is our wedding anniversay and Bill asked me what I wanted. I told him I just wanted him to take the day off from work and for all of us to go the zoo. I figured a family day away from the adoption stress would be wonderful. Then I told him, I wanted to come home and get messages from both governments saying everything was resolved and we could get Andrew on schedule.
Well, my gifts cam a little early. We received word today that our government sent the necessary immigration papers to Taiwan *and* Andrew's orphanage did apply for his passport in Taiwan. Now, it's not 100% finalized and we will definitely being following up on things. But, I can't tell how relieved we are to have some positive news.
On that note, I'll leave you with some scrapbooking layouts I've done. I can't wait untill I can get some photos of both my children together:



June 18, 2008
More Twists and Turns!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo! There's a happy dance going on in the next state over from you tonight!!! YAY!!!!
And... beautiful extraction work. You've got scrappin' skills, gf.
Great news and have a great anniversary day at the zoo!
Post a Comment