While I'd love to post that everything is resolved and we know when we are going to get Andrew, I can't say that. We continue to experience more twists and turns. Our initial consulate/AIT appointment was July 3rd. FYI, this is the appointment where we are interviewed and our file is reviewed to get Andrew's visa to come home to the US. It's a big deal and it's usually the appointment that the whole trip (like our adoption in China) is scheduled around. Usually you don't get much say on when this appointment is...you just go and do what you are told so you can bring your child home. Anyway, on June 6th we were informed our appointment was July 3rd with the expecation that Andrew's visa will then be handed out on the 4th. Then we had all that confusion and drama about getting the 171-h forwarded and Andrew's passport applied for. Once we got those two things done, we were told our AIT appointment was moved to July 9th. We called our agency and said we would like to stick to the 3rd if possible.
Well today, we are told our request is being considered *but* if we have our appointment on the 3rd, we won't be getting Andrew's Visa on the 4th because the AIT celebrates US holidays and the 4th is a national holiday. Ok, why were ever scheduled for the 3rd then anyways??? Why didn't our agency catch that? Why didn't the facilitators/orphanage catch that? It's beyond me. We've been clear from the beginning that our goal was a short trip for multiple reasons.
So, the next step is for us to actually call and speak to the Consulate/AIT ourselves. I'm guessing it'll be one of two options. Either Bill will travel on July 1rst and have the appointment and visa issued on the 3rd --or--- He'll go on the 7th and have the appointment on the 9th and Visa/leave on the 10th. Last week I was devistated at the thought of delaying the trip. At this point, I'm just ready for things to be finalized. I want to know when I should start packing, when I can actually talk to our travel agent etc. We are just ready to be done and focus all our energy and attention on our two beautiful children.
I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I sure will keep you all posted. 
June 23, 2008
Still waiting to figure it all out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are thinking of you often, and hoping it all works out quickly-the suspense is just way more than any of us really needs at this time in our adoption but it seems to be more the norm than easy homecomings!
Hang in there-you are ALMOST there!
Hugs
Post a Comment