July 8, 2008

Bill has Andrew!!! (Updated)

** More pictures and information at the bottom of the post

Father and son have met and are doing beautifully! Bill had a very smooth trip down to the orphanage and met Andrew and his foster mother. Bill describes him as a very easy going, mellow, happy baby. Andrew didn't have difficulty going to Bill at all.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, take a look at this one.



I'll post more pictures and information later today.

Take care,
Melissa, Bill, Lily and Andrew!

** Update at 11:30 a.m.
Bill and I have been able to chat a few times since he has Andrew. Everything is going very well. Just to recap, Bill traveled 2.5 hours with the driver Mr. Yeh down to the orphanage. They went to Andrew's foster mother's house and picked up Andrew. Bill said that everyone was very sweet and it all went very well. Andrew's foster mother reported that Andrew is a easy going and happy baby. He eats well and sleeps well. He currently is on a schedule of going to bed at 11 pm and sleeps to 8 am with the occasional night time feeding. He enjoyed playing with his foster sister who is approximately Lilys age. At night time, they played Mozart CD's. (Guess what's on my shopping list now?)

After Bill signed the final few documents that confirmed Andrew is officially ours, they headed back to Taipei. Mr. Yeh is quite smitten with Andrew and was very helpfull. Apparently he doesn't like his picture taken, but we do have one with him in his trademark orange shirt.

Bill and Andrew relaxed in the room for a bit. Bill describes Andrew as sweet, happy and playfull. He's making good eyecontact and responsive to facial expressions etc. When Bill was chatting with me via Skype on the laptop, Andrew was reaching out and playing with keyboard.

Bill and the other family from our agency went out to a nice restaurant in Taipei 101 and had a fabulous time. Mr. Yeh held Andrew and helped Bill a lot. There's only been one bumpy moment and that was when it was time for Bill to make Andrew a bottle. Apparently, our son likes his bottles very hot. Once it was the right temperature, he ate well and settled down for some sleep. Considering all that Andrew's been through, 30 minutes of fussing isn't that bad :) Hopefully Dad and baby are currently getting a good night's sleep. I'll be in contact with them later tonight and keep you all updated.

I'll leave you all with the pictures Bill sent. Enjoy!










19 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful!! I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait to see more pictures of Andrew!

Debberoo said...

Oh congratulations!!! Wonderful picture :)

Julia said...

Yeah! Congratulations, that photo is priceless. :-)

Beth said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Looks like daddy and Andrew are smitten with each other!

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So wonderful!

Chris said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!
How blessed you all are

Karin and Rob said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful picture of father and son!

Anonymous said...

Priceless Picture!! HAPPY DAY!
Karen and the Twins

Unknown said...

That photo is precious! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you guys. Bill looks like he is in heaven.

Katie said...

Congratulations - he's perfect and coming home to mama!

Anonymous said...

What a happy precious guy!

Sheri said...

Oh, what fabulous photos!!! He is ADORABLE!! I can't believe they'll be home is such a short while - what a joyous reunion that will be!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! REJOICE!~!

chantal said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's so nice to see them together. Amazing photo!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos. So glad everything went smoothly! That looks like one happy little boy and dad. The photo of Andrew sleeping is so sweet and especially the one meeting dad! I jsut started off my work schedule with happy tears!

Jan J.

Shana said...

Such wonderful news! I cried as soon as I saw the picture of Bill holding Andrew up and that huge smile on Andrew's face, so precious! Congratulations to the 4 of you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you and we can't wait to meet Andrew!

Pamster said...

Fantastic photos. I can't believe how quick the trip is. Andrew looks like such a happy baby. Your family is truly blessed. Can't wait to see all the new scrapped pages of your family of 4.

Sarah said...

YAY, BILL! What a great dad! I'm smiling from ear to ear looking at your beautiful photos.