July 10, 2008

One More Day

Bill picked up the Visa and is now heading out for the looooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg journey home. He'll be heading out of Taiwan at Andrew's bedtime. Hopefully that will help Andrew sleep on the plane and allow Bill to get some rest. They do have a small layover at San Fransisco and then it's off to home. An old high school friend is meeting Bill at the San Fransisco airport and obviously lots of family will be greeting them at home. Hopefully having friendly faces at the end of leg of the journey will help them. Everyone keep Bill and Andrew in your thoughts and wish them a smooth journey.

On the homefront, there is both a sense of relief and excitement. It feels good to know that the majority of the wait is behind us and we are in the final stretch. The anticipation is for everyone is intense, but it's a good feeling. I would liken it to the the feelings you had as a child on Christmas Eve....but mulitplied by 10. In fact, if I slow down and allow myself to think about the fact that I'm less than 24 hours away from holding Andrew, I can tear up.

I know many are watching our journey and I hope to get pictures up of the whole family together as soon as possible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're in the homestretch, Melissa!!! Can't wait to see the homecoming photos!!!

Helen

Chris said...

we can't wait to see MOMMY with her baby boy!
So glad the trip was soooo smooth!
Makes all the tears before hand a bad memory!
Enjoy every minute of your family being reunited