August 25, 2008

Apples and Back to School

As you can see I finally had a little time to do some of my favorite hobby of scrapbooking and blog designing. I saw this apple themed digital kit and just knew I had to use it. After working in the schools for 13 years, I have participated in countless apple activities in the fall including cooking projects, art activities and orchard visits. Now I always associate this time of the year with apples. Given my leave, I may miss some of these activities and perhaps that is why I'm compelled to use this design.

Speaking of back to school, Lily is gearing up for preschool. In just a few short weeks, she's going to venture off to get her first taste of classroom life. I'm happy for her as I really think she's ready academically and socially. Yet I find myself doing that classic mommy stuff and thinking "Wow, my baby is really growing up." I'm sure that will hit me 10x's more next year as she ventures of to kindergarten as that is a much bigger milestone.

Andrew had a rougher last week. Nothing major, just fussier than usual. I think it could be due to some teething (lots of drooling, lots of chewing) or his first round of vaccinations. He had a low grade fever and was crabby. It may also be him transitioning from 2 afternoon naps down to one longer afternoon nap. Heck, it may just be his comfort levels growing and him feeling like he can show all sides of his personality, even his grumpy side. I am not sure and it's just so hard to tell with babies. On a positive note, he's growing like a weed. The nutritionist at the International Adoption clinic was extremely concerned about his weight. Well in 5 weeks home, he's gained 2 pounds 6 ounces and grown 3 centimeters. Maybe he's not destined to be such a little peanut after all!

All in all, things continue to go well and we are enjoying the end of the summer time/back to school time in our live.

take care,
Melissa

No comments: