December 18, 2008

Countdown to Christmas



Wow! Time is flying by fast and Christmas will be here in a blink of an eye. I'm doing well on my holiday "to-do" list as I have my shopping, decorating and cards done. I'm behind on my wrapping, but I hope I can get caught up this weekend so that I can enjoy the baking and other last minute activities.

Lily and I are wrapping up our school activities and getting ready for our break. Last night, we attended her preschool Christmas progam and it was adorable. Her school is so well run and they had the perfect program. Of course, I loved it when Lily and her class sang a funny Christmas song about "Old St. Nicholas had a tree. Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!" to the tune of Old MacDonald. Lily put some extra gusto into the ho, ho, ho's! It was also great to see her socializing during the snack and craft times. I can't believe that I was so worried about her starting school in September and in about 6 weeks she became this confident, social, interactive little preschooler!

Andrew is doing really well. Amazingly, he's left our Christmas decorations well enough alone. Currently, he's very happy, chatty and mobile! He's also really developing a playfull side that charms his family. He's given us the best Christmas present ever by totally sleeping through the night! He's always been a decent sleeper, but still needed the ocassional comforting/pacifer plug in. Since I went back to work, he's learned the ability to put himself back to sleep. Bill did a great job in teaching him that....apparently, I was Mommying him a bit too much :) Now, he's making it for 11-12 hour stretches at night without a peep and we are loving the uninterupted sleep!

I hope this message finds everyone well and enjoying the holiday season!

No comments: