December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!


I hope this post finds everyone well and fully enjoying the holiday season! We've been having a good time in our household. The shopping is finished, presents are wrapped, baking is done, and dishes are prepped for tomorrow's big meal. We are currently enjoying our holiday favorite movies. (The Polar Express for Lily and A Christmas Carol for me)

Lily is beside herself with excitement. Her heart is so set on a curly haired, American Girl doll. She keeps asking me repeatedly if I think Santa will bring it for her and I'm confident he will. Andrew is keeping us busy and entertained. He's getting into that "performer" stage where they realize cute things get you a lot of attention. I'm not sure he'll enjoy the hub-bub of the presents tomorrow, but I know he'll thrive on all the attention he'll be sure to receive.

I find myself busier than ever this holiday season. The reality is that two kids is more than double the work. Yet, I'm also more than doubly gratefull for all the blessings I have in my life. In this economy, I feel that Bill and I are fortunate with our job security. We have such great family and friends in our lives. Of course it goes without saying, we feel so lucky to have our two, amazing, energetic, funny and endearing children. Last year, we had no idea if we were going to get the opportuniy to adopt again. This year, we have the joy of Andrew's first Christmas. I've got so many friends waiting to adopt from China and Taiwan. Many are finding this Christmas to be rough as they face another year without their children. I want them all to know, hang in there. Dreams really do come true.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments: