What I wouldn't do to get away from the winter, head down to sunny Florida and take the family to Disney. Unfortunately, time, money and life just doesn't allow for that right now. That's why it was fun today to get a tiny bit of Disney magic in our own hometown.
For the past 2 years, we've taken Lily to see the Disney on Ice tour when it comes to town in February. She loves it and I love it too. This year, when we saw the ads., I just assumed we'd all go and Andrew would like it too. I didn't give it much thought until I started chatting with my friends and I got the "Ummm, you are going to take a 1 year old to Disney on Ice?" questions. This was said with a look that said "Melissa, you are crazy!"
Still, I really did want the whole family to go. We took reinforcements i.e. plenty of snacks, selected isle seats for a quick getaway and had the plan that one grown-up would take Andrew out to the lobby if need be. Well, we settled into our seats, the house lights went down and that was it. Andrew was mesmerized. He loved the show and sat on one of our laps for the whole thing. We gave the opportunity to walk around the lobby during intermission and he did great. Both kids were really well behaved and a joy to be with.
I even had their souvenir picture taken in a teacup. There's actually a funny back story (pun intended) to this picture. The cup is open in the back and there's a step for the kids to stand on. Well, Andrew and his little itty-bitty self, wasn't tall enough when standing on the step. The photographer directed me to duck down behind the cup and hold Andrew up. So that's what we did and amazingly we got a good picture. Afterwards, I thought about me as a mom down on my knees, ducking behind the scenes and boosting my child up in the air. I'm sure there's a metaphor for motherhood somewhere in there. All in all, it was a really fun day!
February 28, 2009
A Little Disney Magic......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great picture!!! And that is one happy little boy!
Post a Comment