July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Hi,

I hope everyone is enjoying/enjoyed their holiday weekend. Ours was a really nice mix of low-key relaxing and fun family times. On Thursday, I took the kids down to Bill's office for a picnic and to pass out some brownies. The kids always get a kick going to the "big city" and being in "Daddy's" skyscraper. Plus, all of Bill's co-workers treat them so well that they are like little celebrities when we visit and you can imagine how well they love that.

On the fourth we had a great cook-out at Bill's parents new place and then caught the local fireworks. Both activities were a blast. Admittedly, we didn't try to take Andrew to the fireworks because the thought of Mr. Busybody getting seperated from us in a crowd was overwhelming. Plus, we think the fireworks would have scared the bejesus out of him.

Lily and I even had the chance to have a little "girl time" together. Even at a very young age, Lily has enjoyed the "girlie girl" things like shopping, nail polish, fancy hair etc. If it glitters, sparkles or is princess-y, Lily is all about it. One thing Lily has always longed for is curly, curly hair. While browsing a side-walk sale, we found a faux pony-tail with tons of curls, Lily was in heaven! It's a litte OTT (over the top) but she's so happy and I figure what the heck. Here are a few pics of us enjoying the holiday weekend!



No comments: