October 16, 2009

Fun in Fall 09

Wow! I can't believe how fast time is flying by. We were down and out for about a week with the swine flu. Oink oink! If I had had the energy to post then, I was going to title it "Having one H of a time with the H1N1." Yet in a weird way, we are lucky to have gone through it, had no serious problems and be done with it. At least I'm not as terrified by all the media coverage now.

We weren't 100% by the time of Lily's b-day party so we had to reschedule it. Fortunately, we had a good turn out and a good time. The only bump in the road was a pee-wee football team who wasn't too open about sharing the shelter house and there was an alpha male dad who went after my brother who had stopped some of the football players from taking our kids party favors. I was thrown by the confrontation, but I don't think anyone else was. My mother pulled me aside and said "Honey, no matter where you are, there are going to be $#@ ^&** in the world." So true, so true. All in all, the kids were oblivious and had a good time and that is what matters.




Today we all had the day off and we were all healthy! What a joy :) So we headed over to do one of favorite little day trips. We went over to Granville, took the kids on campus to gather leaves and acorns, at lunch at the Buxton and then shopped in the boutiques uptown. It was just the perfect family day. Even though the sun wasn't out much, the leaves were perfect on the drive. I snapped some cute pictures and must say that the picture of Andrew running sort of sums up his personality!





No comments: