I'm planning on taking some photography classes online in March. Untill then, I've been rereading some scrapbooking and photography books that I have. I read about one suggestion to purchase a piece of black velvet to use as background when you are taking portrait shots. So when the kids and I were out at JoAnn's I decided to purchase some. According to the saleswoman at JoAnn's, velvet rarely goes on sale. I decided to purchase a medium quality and get 3 yards. It cost me about $20.00. We took it home and Lily asked if I could take some pictures of her in a dress that she received as a Christmas gift. I've always loved taking pictures of Lily and she has learned on her own how to pose for the camera. I'm very pleased at how her pictures turned out. 


Then when Andrew got up from his nap, I tried placing him on the black velvet. Well, let me tell you. At 2, he has no time for letting his mommy take portraits of him. This look says it all. 
All in all, I'm pleased with the purchase. I think I'm simply a mom with one child who is super easy to photograph and one who isn't. I did finally catch a good shot of Andrew with a natural smile and it's the one I used in the header.
January 23, 2010
fun photography tip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment