May 6, 2010

Art Show and Park Visit

Tonight we got to attend Lily's elementary school art show. It was really sweet as every single student in the school had something on display. Here's Lily's artwork and her smiling proudly before it.





After 2 weeks of sick kids, we finally had a day without fevers, medicines etc. It was so nice and I could tell the kids were just happy to feel good. We headed on over to a local park with a lot of gardens and had a picnic. Then we spent a good amount of time exploring the frog pond. Both Andrew and Lily loved spotting the tadpoles and frogs. Every time one of the frogs would make their strange little gutteral sounds they'd run in the direction it came from. We also spotted 2 turtles and 2 snakes. One snake was resting in the reeds and a teeny, tiny one was swimming in the pond. I'm not a snake person, but even I though the little one who was about the size of a pencil was cute. It was such a nice afternoon.

No comments: