July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

We have had the best 4th of July weekend. On Friday, we ventured downtown for Red, White and Boom. I'd never dream of taking the kids into a crowd of a half a million if we didn't have the opportunity to watch the show from Bill's office. So, the kids, my parents, my brother and I all rode the bus downtown. Andrew l-o-v-e-d the bus. We then walked to Bill's office, went up to the 26th floor, had a picnic dinner, hung out with 3 other families, watched A Night at the Museum, and then saw the best firework show ever. It was really beautiful because the sky was so clear. I snapped about 50 pictures and I realize that photographing fireworks is not easy. I think 3 turned out well and I'm sharing them here. We were also lucky as the traffic wasn't too bad and we got home in 50 minutes. Then on Saturday we headed up to Bill's parents place and had the nicest picnic. Their whole building potlucks it on this giant, beautiful patio. The weather, food and company was just perfect. I hope that the rest of our holiday continues to be as fun as the first part has been.









No comments: