March 9, 2008

Going Bananas!




Don't let this beautiful picture of Lily fool you. Spring is no where to be found in Ohio. In fact, we are officially having a blizzard. Over a foot of snow is piled up outside our doors and we aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I am very gratefull for the fact that we aren't trying to rush around to get the last of our documents completed, authenticated and mailed to Taiwan. In fact, I'm not sure we will have mail service anytime soon. We have verified that all our documents are safely waiting at our agency. All that needs to be done is our homestudy translation. I believe our agency contracts out all the translation to one woman. I sure hope she's a faster worker and can get the 30 some pages of our dossier translated quickly.

We actually received a call from our case manager on Saturday. She wasn't able to return our call on Friday and took the time to call us on Saturday morning. I sure appreciate someone going above and beyond to keep us informed. She's very optimistic that our dossier will be happily on it's way to Taiwan by Weds. That will feel great to know it's officially received and logged into the court system. Then we will wait for our 3 court procedures. We will now wait to hear word on our Hearing Date, First Ruling and Final ruling. It's pretty hard to estimate how long these 3 things will take. Our case worker feels like our best case scenario has us traveling in August and worst case scenario has us traveling in Oct. Like much of the adoption process, it's all out of our control. As many other waiting parents will tell you, all you can do is hope for the best, prepare for the worst and look for the positives how ever it transpires.

Photobucket

No comments: