May 26, 2008

Things continue to move quickly........

Well, last week was a very eventfull week with the other waiting parents on our adoption agency list. Many, many families received word of their "final ruling" and are gearing up to travel. It's incredibly exciting to watch them get ready and it's motivator for us to get our ducks in a row!

While it's impossible to predict exactly "when" we'll get the call, I can tell you we are next. Now, we could hear something tomorrow....or we could hear something 4 weeks from now. In either case, it's pretty exciting.

Our "To Do" list is pretty big right now. We need to:

* Finish the kids rooms
* Work on travel plans
* Buy a new car seat
* Finish the last of the dossier requirements (you do this once you get your travel notice)
* Get gifts for people in Taiwan
* Buy baby supplies
* Get medicines for everyone for travel

Whew! I felt a little anxiety even as I wrote this! I imagine the next few weeks are going to extremely busy for us. Ulitmately, this is a good thing for me as I'm worrier. Hopefully all this work will keep me happily distracted. Confession time. I must admit that last week I felt the first serious wave of anxiety. I knew it was coming and it's something most parents feel. It's just so overwhelming to think about what we are about to do. Yet, as I was going through all of this, I looked at Andrew's little pictures. That brought it all into perspective.

I am so ready to meet and hold Andrew that all the worries and fears I have don't matter. So, I changed the slideshow and placed it at the top of the page. I'm sure you noticed :) Yes, the music is a little sappy and reminescent of a what a teenage girl would use. You'll all forgive me as I feel a little sappy and sentimental right now. :)

1 comment:

Shana said...

I understand the sappy feeling! You all must just be dying with anticipation. Hoping for good news for you soon.
-Shana