It feels so good to do all the normal things to get ready for travel! We are confirming airline tickets, room reservations and writing lists, lists and more lists of things to pack! I have to keep reminding myself that Bill will only be gone for 5 days. Otherwise, the poor guy is likely to have too many suitcases for just one person!
My parents and I actually did the major shopping trip to Babies R Us. Honestly, about 60% of that store is filled with things that no one needs. We laughed at "portable pacifier washers", "wipe warmers" and other unnecessary gadgets. I smiled as I saw some first time parents "test driving" strollers and contemplating which one has the biggest cup holder. While we never went to that level when we were waiting for Lily, I remember thinking those were "big decisions." It's fun doing this again as a more experienced parent because it gives you different perspective. Overall, it's just more relaxed. Don't get me wrong, it's every bit as fun and exciting. I'm just in contrast to the "test driving stroller" parents. It's more like "bottles, diapers, clothes and soap and we're good to go." Hopefully, this relaxed attitude will stay with me the rest of the journey :)
As we are surrounded by all baby gear, it's really beginning to sink it that "this is really going to happen." As I fold the onesies and wash the bottles, I can hardly stand it. I can't wait to meet my son! I finally felt the motivation to scrap my all time favorite picture of Andrew. In little over a week, I will get to see this little face in person. How great is that???

June 29, 2008
Let the Preparations Begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love that photo, he is such a handsome little guy.
Post a Comment