June 12, 2008

Update Day!

Eventhough we are less than 3 weeks away from meeting Andrew in person, it's still a thrill to get new pictures and videos. Andrew is 5 months now and I think this set of photos and images may just give us a bit of a glimpse of his personality. I think in this first picture he looks like he has just stopped crying :(

I'm in love with this second photo. It's his first smile caught on film and I think I see a hint of a dimple on his right cheek.

I also love this last photo. Let's be honest, I'm his mom, I love all his pictures. Anyway, I think this is his first belly laugh caught on film. I like how the smile has reached his eyes :)

Finally, you must check out the video included. It's nice to see Andrew responding to whomever in the video. It could be his foster mom or it could be the workers at the orphanage. In either case, they seem to be not calling his name or saying "look" so aggressively in this video and Andrew seems more relaxed. I'm always listening to what they say to him in the videos. I think part of me is just interested in what "baby talk" sounds like in Mandarin. I also think part of me wants to be able to imitate it and perhaps sound somewhat familiar to him. I particularily like when the person says "guh-guh-guh--goohway." I have no idea if that's nonsense or means something in Mandarin, but if it gets me the big cheesey grin like the one in the video, I'll be saying it all the time!! Also, looks like as he slumps down in the video that we aren't really ready to sit up yet. I think I'm going to add one of those strange looking Boppy pillows to my shopping list. Oh, it's so fun to think that in less than one month we'll be a family of 4! Part of me thinks it'll never get here and part of me thinks it'll be here before I know it!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Shana said...

Andrew is beautiful! I know what you mean by wanting to copy what they said I still say "Hsian-Yu Leng" to Kyan. I have no idea what Leng means but it seemed to soothe him for a long time. -Shana

Sarah said...

What great picutres and video to see all of those little smiles! :)

Kim said...

Sophie would soothe herself with "a goy-ya goy-ya goy-ya. a goy-ya goy-ya goy-ya" over and over. And she was comforted when I said it. But eventually she started giggling at it...almost like I wasn't pronouncing it right. :)

Chris said...

Precious pictures of your little Andres-and I LOVE the smiles he is showing-WOW-what a gem you have there
can't wait to see gotcha day-

Anonymous said...

OMG Missy what a sweet little guy! Once again I'm so happy for you guys! It was great chatting with you. Lily sure is a beautiful girl too. I'm sure she will be a great big sister!!