Can you all believe that life is somehow much busier with two children? It's a good busy, but I am definitely wondering what I used to do with all my free time. You'll all notice there hasn't been a new blog design in a while :)
Andrew is settling in and remains a sweet little guy. He's a snuggly little baby with a great laugh. He's curious about everything and loves to explore. He's doing that classic baby thing where he fights sleep. That's such a mystery to me. The moment he starts to rub his eyes and get a little fussy, I'll start to rock him. Initially he'll relax and snuggle in. Then it's like he processes "Oh no! I'm going to miss something!" and he stiffens up and all the drama begins. I swear he would tap dance if he could just so he wouldn't have to fall asleep.
We had the chance to take Andrew to meet his Great-Grandma. Just as we predicted, they got along fabulously. Great-Grandma thinks he's perfection and I suspect the feelings are mutual. In fact during the visit, it was time for a little nap and he settled right into Great Grandma's lap and the magic, comfy chair. Now that I think of it....he didnt' fight her for sleep. Hmmmm, there must be something special about Great Grandma's arms. Oh and on a side note, Great Grandma is 92 and Andrew is 6 months. When Andrew is Great Grandma's age, it'll be the year 2100! Here's a picture of the two. 

We've been so proud of Lily as she goes through this transition. To be honest, we knew jealousy would be an issue when we added a sibling. After almost 4 years of being the center of attention, it'd be hard for any child to share the spotlight. The jealousy has come out mainly in the form of tears. Sometimes, she runs to her room, shuts the door, throws herself on the bed and sobs. Definitely a preview of what the teen years are going to look like. Anyway, all the grown ups have made a big effort to make sure Lily gets some special attention. It appears to be working and we are seeing Lily be more of herself. Throughout the whole transition, it's been amazing to see how sweet and nuturing she is to Andrew. Sure, she doesn't want to share her Mommy with him. But, she loves being a little mommy to him. In fact, she double checks that I'm doing everything correctly. I'll often get "reminded" to feed, bathe, burp Andrew. It'd be a little annoying if I didn't know how sincere she was in her concern. Here are some pictures of her taking care of Andrew. 

As I've said in previous posts, we are very lucky to have such a smooth transition. This week has been extremely busy with finishing up our International Adoption clinic evaluations and some work commitments that I made back in April. I'm so looking forward to the weeks ahead of settling in and enjoying my life with my two precious children. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the past week. Enjoy!


July 24, 2008
Busy, Busy, Busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh MC! He is so beautiful! It's amazing how love fills out a face!
I love that picture of you and him...you look beautiful too...clearly right where you should be.
Happy times! So excited for you!
Your peep,
Kim
I love the photo of the little mommy giving Andrew a bottle. Very precious. :)
I love the picture of Lily feeding Andrew! And all of the other photos look great, too! So glad to hear the transition to a family of four has gone so smoothly for all of you!
Helen
cute cute new blog design! I love the crumpled paper feel to those elements. great choice!
Post a Comment