I used to wonder why folks would check into blogs so much when people were waiting to adopt their babies, but then the readership dramatically dropped off. I am now reminded by the fact that new parents have much less time to write and post pictures.
A lot has happened since my last post. We officially celebrated Andrew being home for a whole month. It's hard to believe how fast time flies. It's also weird how it feels as if Andrew has been with us forever.
We also readopted Andrew in our state. We are fortunate that this is a simple procedure in our state. This now means that Andrew has a state birth certificate which may be easier to use when he is school age. It would be easier to replace if it's lost or damaged. It also means he's guaranteed access to an inheritance when we pass. I've always thought it was weird that may even be an issue. The thing I was most happy about is that it's the final piece of paperwork we have to do. I actually said this at the court and all the clerks were like "Don't say that! There are so many children in this world to adopt." Sadly, that's true, but I'm not sure we are going to be adding to our family. I guess never say never, but it's hard to imagine that we will. Anyway, here's a picture of our family and the judge. 
Bill's birthday was last week. I took the kids down and we had a picnic on the State House lawn. It was a gorgeous day and Bill had a great time showing off the kids to his co-workers. My favorite part was Lily calling the cupcakes, "pupcakes."
Here are some photos.

Lastly, the school year is kicking off. Lily will be starting preschool this year and I'm in that traditional role. I can't believe my baby is ready to start school. It's weird for me to not be gearing up for school. I'm happily off on leave and I found out that I'm elligible for more leave than I thought. My administration at work has reviewed and changed some old rules. Leave now officially starts at the beginning of the school year, not when your baby is born or adopted. What a family friendly decision! So, I now have 6 additional weeks of enjoying my sweeties. Aren't they adorable?

August 15, 2008
So much to share, so little time to write
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aw... great family photos. :) So happy to hear that you have more leave than you thought you would.
You wrote: "The thing I was most happy about is that it's the final piece of paperwork we have to do. I actually said this at the court and all the clerks were like "Don't say that! There are so many children in this world to adopt." Sadly, that's true, but I'm not sure we are going to be adding to our family. I guess never say never, but it's hard to imagine that we will."
....I have to agree with the clerks! My husband was absolutely adamantly certain that we were finished building our family after we brought home our second daughter. He pointed out that a) we didn't have enough money to afford to raise a third child and b) we were just plain too old to have any more children (there being 40 years difference between our age and the baby we had just adopted). Well, God had other ideas and we were blessed with an accidental adoption. Eight months later, our new son was in our arms. "Accidents" can't happen in adoption, you say? That's what I used to think, too...until an agency we had contacted with a query almost a decade earlier called us out of the blue late one night and informed us, "We have a son for you." Still dazed, we were at the airport just eight months later welcoming home our son from Taiwan!
Post a Comment