January 3, 2009

Our Boy Turns One!

Today our precious little guy turns one! It's hard to believe he's been with us for almost 6 months and he's officially moving onto the toddler stage. Well, given his extreme mobility at a young age, toddlerhood doesn't seem that hard to believe :) I know as a mom, I'm supposed to feel weepy about this milestone, but I don't. It's been a priveledge to get Andrew at such a young age and spend the past six months with him. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Yet, I also think 1 is such a fun age. Andrew is so interactive, funny and silly. Sure he gets into a million things before his morning nap, but boy can he grab my heart with one toothy grin and spontaneous hug. He's a charmer that little Andrew.

Due to our many holiday family gatherings, playdates and visits with friends, we actually opted for a low key celebration today. I can see how a January 3rd birthday could be challenging down the road. Untill he's more aware of dates, I believe we'll be pushing the birthday celebrations to later in January. Today we took the kids up to spend time with Great-Grandma and Great Uncle Bob. We picked up a little teeny-tiny cake and let Andrew enjoy his first piece. I think this may be the first time Andrew has tasted chocolate and let me tell you, he's a fan :) I'm pretty sure if he could request it for his bigger party, he would. Here are a few pictures of our adorable little man enjoying the cake!




4 comments:

Meta Meulenbelt said...

That last photo of Andrew is adorable! What a chocolate smile!

Dawn said...

Oh my word, he just gets sweeter by the day.

Happy belated birthday Andrew!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that cake didn't make enough mess.... no fair!
I haven't checked blogs in a while, but love your new layout.
Happy belated birthday!
Rebecca F

Pamster said...

He's just so stinkin cute!! Happy Birthday happy boy. Love the new blog design too.