We're off on spring break and I had some time to play with the blog design today. I was inspired by all the April rain we've been having. I've been also longing for a very expensive camera, a digital SLR. I'm sure you've noticed that I'm a shutterbug esp. when it comes to my kids. Well, I have many friends who are the same and there's even the term "mammarazzi." to describe us. Many of my mamarazzi friends have the SLRs and I've had some camera envy. The pictures are so sharp and crips. The problem is that it's a very expenisve investment (somewhere to the tune of 600+ by the time you get a good lense). I'm also wondering if I just don't live a "point and shoot" life. I mean with 2 kids (one being a very active 15 month old), a mid-size purse, a diaper bag and a sit-n-stand stroller, can I reall manage a sizeable camera and a big lense? I decided to challenge myself yesterday with my current point and shoot camera. I put it on the manual setting and snapped some pictures of the kids before we went out for Easter dinner. The result of the best pictures are up at the top of the page in the header. I admit I love these two shots. I don't know what the test resuls show me. Does it mean that I have the skills to move on to the big camera or does it mean that I have a perfectly decent camera for my needs right now. Decisions, decisions. I do have to end this post with a funny obersvation and difference between my two kiddos. Lily has always done so well with being the subject of the photos. In fact, she kind of naturally poses. Andrew has much less tolerance to all my snapping. As a result, the "out takes" are pretty funny and show the difference between the two. Take a look!

April 13, 2009
New blog designs and photos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
http://www.adorama.com/INKD40KR.html
$374.95 for a refurbed Nikon D40 with the starter 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. You can get a lot of use out of this learning how the camera works before you decide to put your next investment into a portrait lens. Would make a very nice mother's day present, wouldn't it? :)
Yes you can handle a larger camera. It will most likely come with a neck strap, and you can also buy "pretty" neck straps for them. The straps can fit around the stroller handles while you are pushing a stroller. You don't put a camera like this in a purse. People do buy separate camera bags or backpacks to store their camera equipment and keep their lenses safe. There are ones that look kinda like camcorder bags and there are prettier ones that you can buy that look like purses. I carry a small point and shoot in my purse all of the time that also takes video for spur of the moment stuff, and then get out the SLR for serious mamarazzi sessions.
Post a Comment