May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Fun

We had a great holiday weekend and hope you all did too. We had the perfect mixture of things to do and down time. Saturday, we hit our local Asian Festival. It's something we've done for years and always have a good time. We are so lucky to have this resource for our children. This year we went with our friends who are just weeks away from their referral. It's so exciting to think that next year, their little one will be going to the festival. I think Lily and Andrew's favorite part of the festival was playing in a little bamboo home. There was this little wooden sushi kit that Andrew really got into.

Lily and I had some mommy/daughter time. We caught the new Hannah Montanna movie and I'm happy to say it wasn't too bad. It's a gentle movie and Lily thought it was very "cool." I have so loved having Andrew in our lives for nearly a year. I do miss the one-on-one time with Lily I had for so long. Yet, it makes it so special for us to have our time together talking, shopping, singing to the radio at the top of our lungs in the car and giggling.

Andrew had a blast walking the mall with Bill's parents. He is at such a stinking cute age. He just gets joy in wide-open spaces. I don't know what's different about 16 months vs. 15 months, but it's definitely fun.

Finally, we had a good cook out with our neighborhood pals. It was so relaxing to potluck it, sit outside and enjoy everyone's company. All the kids, even the littlest ones, sat at the picnic table together. It was so darn cute!





No comments: