August 14, 2009

First Day at the Beach

We had a great first day at the beach. This is both of the kids first time at the ocean and like everyone says, it's the perfect vacation for them. Lily loves combing the beach for shells. Now in her five year old world, every single shell is a treasure, which is sweet. However, I do think we'll have to get more selective about the shells we bring home our we'll have a garbage bag size full of "treasures!" She also loves the waves and finds jumping in them. It is jellyfish season though and we've seen a few of those guys...so we'll have to be carefull!




Andrew is in love with the beach. As far as he is concerned, we're at the world's biggest sandbox, which I guess we are. By the time we're done playing at the beach, Lily, Bill and I need to rinse our feet. Andrew, well, he's covered from head to toe in sand and looks like a little doughnut that's been rolled in sugar!



Here's the family, minus the photographer, with our hotel in the background. We are really enjoying The Caravelle, the pools and the beach!



We're having a blast here. The weather is overcast with a few showers. It's nice though because we aren't scorching hot and I'm not frying in the sun! Well, off to another morning of treasure hunting with Lily!

No comments: