August 17, 2010

Back to the Zoo

With summer winding down, we decided to take advantage of the "cooler" weather and headed off to the zoo. It was well attended, but the crowd wasn't too bad. The kids really loved exploring the new polar/artic exhibit. I think our favorite animal was the artic fox who posed rather nicely for this picture.

Lily and Andrew had a fun playing in the inside ice exhibit. I found it very funny to see all these little kids pop up out of the play ice like little prarie dogs.








We stopped at a shady spot and enjoyed a picnic that was Canada goose free. For those who haven't visited the zoo lately, the geese are very fond of all the folks eating and aren't shy about getting really close. This tends to make both kids nervous and they were happy to be geese free today.














Next to the sharks, Andrew loved the manatees the best. I didn't know they currently were hosting 4 baby manatees. We were excited to see them but the "babies" were not particularily tiny weighing in at 500-600 pounds. Then both kids had fun climbing on the alligator statue.


It was a great day and I must admit with a little sadness that I realize Lily won't be able to do our typical fall zoo visits as she'll be in school full time. Where does the time go???

1 comment:

Mike Thomas said...

I am writing to ask for your permission to include your posts on
AdoptionExperiences.com and include a link to your blog in our
directory. We would
include a link back to your blog fully crediting you for your work
along with a profile about you listed on AdoptionExperiences.com .
Please let us
know as soon as possible.

Mike@adoptionexperiences.com

Mike Thomas
Editor-in-Chief
AdoptionExperiences.com