

Lily is officially starting her first grade year! She carefully selected her outfit, hairstyle, lunch, and snack. She thoughtfully packed, and repacked her backpack. She gave me specific instructions on where to meet her at the bus stop. Our girl was ready! She left this morning with a little bit of nerves, but no tears (those tend to come for her a little later). We chatted happily during breakfast about how many kids she knows in her big, big, big first grade (she's in a team teaching situation with 2 teachers and 30+ kids). She admitted that she's going to miss me. Little does she know how much I'm going to miss her. I'm so excited for her and yet I'm a little sad that the time has ended where she spends most of her time with me. Everyone was right. It does go by too fast!
August 25, 2010
Our 1rst Grader!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Melissa, it does go fast doesnt it though..I often look at Soph and flash back to Lily when she first starting coming here...she was the same age...where did that time go?
Post a Comment