Well folks, baby clothes have been washed, last minute errands have been completed and bags have been packed. At 4:30 A.M., Bill started his 2 day journey to Taiwan. Yep, that's right 2 days or nearly 30 hours of traveling. Sadly, with airline cuts, many connecting flights that were available just a year ago are now gone. While I don't think we live in a remote location or that Taiwan is an obscure place, getting from here to there is much more complicated than we had anticipated!
Saying good-bye this morning was my least favorite aspect of this trip. Even though we are very fortunate that this is such a short trip, it's still disorienting to be away from Bill. I'm spoiled by the fact that we have so much together time and I truly hate being apart. There are no words that express how much love and gratitude I feel for my husband and his willingness to bring our son home. I know you will be reading this later today Bill. Lily and I love you very much and miss you already. We are counting down the days/hours until we see you an Andrew at the airport!
There is some relief that the trip is finally here. Anticipating everything the last 48 hours was harder than I imagined. That is why I was so touched and moved when we received 3 gifts from our friends on Thursday! Sarah sent the most adorable onesies ever. In fact, I plan on using packing one for the trip to the airport. I can't wait to snap a photo of our little guy in these cute clothes. She also sent the sweetest little book and a charm bracelet meant for scrapbookers! How cool is that? I so am looking forward to making a custom bracelet this week as I wait for my guys to come home from Taiwan. Laurie sent me the most perfect humming bird card and a gorgeous pendant. The pendant is a heart and it represents a family of 4. I love it! Elaine sent the most thought full card and a gift certificate for Baby Gap. You all know I'll love getting some adorable baby clothes for Andrew. Apparently some of these gifts were actually delivered to our neighbor's houses and it was odd that they all came at the same time. However, it couldn't have been more perfect. Just as I was feeling true anxiety about saying good-bye to Bill and everything else, I was reminded by how much love and support we have in this journey. Thank you all so very, very much.
Lastly, related to nothing, I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th. In the middle of the packing rush, we took the evening and went to the fireworks downtown. This year Bill's office decided to let people view the fireworks from their building. I've always been a fan of fireworks and have many fond memories of watching them on the 4th. I can honestly say that the view from the 26th floor of Bill's building was spectacular! They were the most beautiful ever and it was a breath taking view. I've included a short video of my favorites. Take a moment and enjoy!
I look forward to keeping everyone informed about Bill's grand adventure and if the technology god's smile upon us, I'll be sharing pictures of them in Taiwan.
Take care,
Melissa
July 5, 2008
Bill's Off, Thanks You's and Happy 4th of July
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment